EZ Marinader Grilled Chicken Breasts
Contributed by: NAPSA
Keeping Food Safety In The Tailgating Game Plan
(NAPSA) - When it comes to tailgating, there's no doubt the spotlight is on the party of the moment and the big game to come. Though food preparation, storage, and handling are often the supporting members in the tailgating cast-they are the ones that can make or break the party.
To make this football season's tailgating a success, you may want to incorporate a few simple tailgating safety precautions into your game plan:
- Keep all perishable foods cold. Start by chilling foods thoroughly before placing them in coolers on game day. Fill your cooler with 75 percent food and 25 percent ice or ice packs, and pack the cooler to the top, because this will keep food cold longer. Use two coolers-one for drinks and one for perishables and opened condiments. Return perishable foods, such as salads made with mayonnaise, to the cooler immediately after serving. Discard perishable or cooked foods left out for more than two hours.
- When working with raw meat, wash your hands before handling anything else. Don't reuse any utensils or plates used to handle or grill raw meat. Throw away disposable items that came into contact with meat and seal others in plastic zip-top bags to wash later.
- Remember to cook foods thoroughly. Dispose of any marinades used on raw meats or sauces used to baste raw meat while grilling.
When you're ready to test your tailgating safety IQ, choose recipes that are appetizing but simple to prepare. EZ Marinader Grilled Chicken Breasts are a flavorful choice for game-day grilling. The use of a pre-made marinade in a bag, such as Mr. Yoshida's Teriyaki EZ Marinader, makes food prep even easier in this recipe, and the extra step of marinating the meat creates a particularly tasty and tender chicken entree.
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 package Mr. Yoshida's Teriyaki EZ Marinader
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
To prepare pineapple, cut off top and cut 4 thick slices. Cut each slice in half and remove center core and skin if desired. Remove skin from red onion and cut 4 thick slices. Place pineapple and onion in Marinader bag and reseal. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes, turning bag occasionally to distribute marinade. Remove from bag, cover and set aside.
Place chicken breasts in Marinader bag and reseal. Allow to marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag occasionally to distribute marinade. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
Grill chicken over medium heat 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center; turn once halfway through.
Grill pineapple and onion over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes; turn once halfway through.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings