Creamy Turkey (or Chicken) and Mushroom Pasta
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Tip: For meal planning made easy, keep this recipe on hand and freeze leftover turkey or chicken in 2 cup batches.
- 2 tbsp 30 mL MAZOLA Corn Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups 500 mL sliced mushrooms
- 1 red or green pepper, sliced
- 2 cups 500 mL cubed, cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 cup 250 mL frozen green beans or peas
- 1 1/2 cups 375 mL milk
- 2 tbsp 30 mL CANADA Corn Starch
- 1 tsp 5 mL salt
- 1/2 tsp 2 mL dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL pepper
- 4 cups 1 L wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
In large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms and red pepper; cook 2 to 3
minutes, stirring frequently.
Add turkey, beans or peas; stir and cook 1 minute.
In small bowl stir milk, corn starch, salt, thyme and pepper until smooth; pour into skillet.
Stirring constantly bring to boil; boil 1 minute to thicken. Toss with cooked egg noodles and
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.