PB&J Ice Cream Sandwiches
Contributed by: NAPSA
Chill Out With A PB&J Ice Cream Sandwich
(NAPSA) - Make a fun dessert in nearly no time. How? By combining one of America's favorite sandwiches-peanut butter and jelly-with another classic-the ice cream sandwich.
Created in the Breyers Creative Kitchens, PB&J Ice Cream Sandwiches are fun to eat and easy to make. The "bread" is toasted pound cake from the supermarket that's spread with peanut butter and raspberry fruit spread. But wait, there's more. A creamy layer of all natural vanilla ice cream is the special ingredient that transforms this "sandwich" into a chilly treat.
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 8 pound cake slices (3/8-inch thick), toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup raspberry fruit spread
- 4 scoops (2 cups) Breyers all natural vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
Spread peanut butter on one side of 4 pound cake slices. Top each with 1 scoop (1/2 cup) ice cream; spread into even layer. Spread fruit spread on one side of remaining 4 pound cake slices; place fruit spread side down on ice cream-covered slices.
Cut each "sandwich" in half. Serve immediately.
- To toast pound cake, place slices on rack of toaster oven or in toaster. Toast on low setting just until light golden brown.
- To soften ice cream, scoop into bowl. Let stand while toasting pound cake slices; stir until spreadable.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 320, Calories From Fat 160, Total Fat 18g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrates 35g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 7g.