Creamy Chicken Bacon Caesar Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - As an appetizer or light lunch, it's hard to beat an old stand-by like Caesar salad. Chicken bacon and low-fat mayonnaise make it a smart choice.
- 4 slices Maple Lodge Farms Chicken Bacon, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn in pieces
- 1 cup/250 ml croutons
- 1/2 cup/125 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp/15 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp/15 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp/5 ml Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp/5 ml Anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/4 tsp/1 ml Hot sauce
In a non-stick skillet, stir-fry chicken bacon over high heat until lightly browned; set aside.
Place lettuce, croutons, bacon and half the parmesan cheese in a large salad bowl. In a smaller
bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients and the remaining parmesan cheese until smooth.
Toss with salad. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.