Chunky Oatmeal Cranberry Cookie Mix
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - An attractive gift to give as well as a tasty treat to eat.
- 1 cup Robin Hood All Purpose Flour 250 mL
- 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1 1/4 cups Robin Hood or Old Mill Oats 300 mL
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar 125 mL
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar 125 mL
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries 175 mL
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips 175 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans 125 mL
Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well. Pack down in a large jar with tight fitting lid. Add other ingredients, one at a time, packing each layer down firmly.
Put the lid on the jar and tie a ribbon around it. Print out preparation directions on a card and fasten to the jar.
Beat 1/2 cup (125 mL) softened butter until light and creamy. Add 1 egg and 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla, mixing until smooth. Add ingredients from jar, stirring until thoroughly blended. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls (15 mL) onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 F (180 C) for 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden.
Serving Size: Makes 36 Cookies