Creamy Chicken With Basil
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
(NC) - Plump chicken breast strips smothered in a creamy basil sauce with white wine takes just a few minutes to prepare.
- 4 Maple Lodge Farms IQF Chicken Breasts thawed, dried and cut into strips
- 1 tbsp/15 ml butter
- 1 tbsp/15 ml oil
- 1/4 cup/50 ml finely chopped shallots
- 1/3 cup/75 ml dry white wine
- 2 tbsp/30 ml chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup/250 ml heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, cook chicken pieces in butter and oil until lightly browned; set aside and keep
Add shallots to pan and cook until softened. Add wine and cook for about 3 minutes or until
reduced by half. Add basil, cream and chicken juices and cook until thickened. Season to taste
with salt and pepper.
Return chicken to pan and heat through, but do not boil. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.