Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Absolut Holiday Spritzer
Contributed by: News Canada
Holiday hosting made simple
(NC) - Take the stress out of holiday hosting by being prepared for drop-ins as well as planned get-togethers. Having the essentials on hand can go a long way to keeping guests happy and your stress levels down.
Shoana Jensen, professional bartender, offers the following easy steps that accommodate most drink requests from guests, while offering two or three speciality cocktails that tie in with the holiday theme.
- Take stock and make a shopping list of what you need.
- Stock a selection of red and white wine, beer and premium spirits, such as flavoured vodkas by Absolut. Flavoured vodkas go a long way in terms of versatility and drink mixing. Buying expensive liqueurs that cater to just one or two drinks will increase your bar bill and leave you with unfinished bottles.
- Have a good assortment of mixes and garnishes, such as fizzy water, pop, juices, fresh limes, cocktail olives, maraschino cherries and lots of ice.
- Don't forget the right accessories including martini shaker and strainer, measured shot glasses, corkscrew, a variety of tall and martini glasses, cocktail sticks and a paring knife for cutting garnishes.
Make a pitcher of pre-made drinks in advance, such as the following spritzer, that can be poured when guests arrive so that you're not running from behind the bar to the front door at every ring. Slightly reducing the amount of alcohol in the first round of drinks ensures that your party will get off to an easy pace. Responsible serving is the key to a safe and enjoyable time.
- 1 part Absolut Mandrin
- 1 part Absolut Kurant 3 parts dry white wine
- Strawberry simple syrup to taste
Build vodka, wine and sprite over ice in a shaker glass. Add simple syrup and stir with a bar spoon. Strain contents into a wine glass and garnish with an orange spiral.