Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Pumpkin Pie With Ginger Whipped Topping
Contributed by: NAPSA
Holiday "Secret Weapons"
(NAPSA) - Here's a hint on keeping your cool during the winter holidays: take a trip down the frozen aisles of your grocery store. There you can find "Secret Weapons" to make holiday entertaining easier and more enjoyable.
Remember to shop early and stock your freezer so you'll have secret weapons at your fingertips for parties, unexpected company, family and guests.
Try these time-saving, tasty suggestions from the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) that will help you go from the freezer to table in minutes.
- Appetizer Thoughts: In the frozen food aisle, all ready to heat and eat are dips, egg rolls, quiche, cheese sticks, meatballs, shrimp and more. Serve on attractive holiday platters and you're ready to enjoy your guests.
- Side Dish Suggestions: Frozen vegetables, potatoes, pastas and breads can help make any holiday meal less work for the cook for more time with family.
- Brunch Ideas: A freezer full of frozen muffins, waffles, pancakes, egg dishes, breakfast bowls, sandwiches, bagels and more can make holiday mornings much more fun
- Delicious Desserts: Start with delicious frozen pies, cakes, ice cream and more-then make them your own by adding special touches.
Try this holiday favorite "Secret Weapon."
- 1 frozen pumpkin pie
- 1 cup frozen or refrigerated whipped cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
In a medium bowl, mix whipped cream and ginger. Keep chilled until ready to serve. Bake pie according to directions.
Serve with dollop of whipped cream topping.