Thai Rice Bowl
Contributed by: NAPSA
Dinner Goes Global
(NAPSA) - Turn dinner into a world-class event with meals inspired by the Mediterranean, Thailand, Italy, and the Pacific Rim. This hearty dish can easily be added to the weekly menu and may even introduce you to new flavor combinations. The flavors of the world can now be served at your dinner table.
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Herb-Ox chicken flavored bouillon granules
- 3 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cups diced, peeled sweet potato
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes & green chiles
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups hot cooked jasmine or other white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Dissolve bouillon granules in the hot water.
Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan. Add onion and saute for 3 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic, jalapeno and curry powder; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the sweet potato, prepared bouillon, tomatoes and coconut milk.
Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the chicken, lime juice and peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter is dissolved and mixture is warmed through.
Toss the rice with the cilantro and spoon into deep soup bowls.
To serve, ladle chicken mixture over rice.
Serving Size: Makes 4-6 Servings