Italian Green Bean Casserole
Contributed by: NAPSA
A New Holiday Tradition Is Taking Shape
(NAPSA) - Traditional decorations, soft twinkling lights, and time-honored dishes are the true stars of each holiday celebration. This year make your holiday a little more special with a simple change.
Substituting canned Italian green beans for ordinary beans can turn your recipes into unexpected culinary creations. Recipe ready right from the can, Italian green beans give dishes a fresh new twist without requiring any extra preparation.
With Italian green beans, traditional dishes like Green Bean Casserole will seem more special. Give this recipe a try and take your traditions to the top.
- 1 can (10.75 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup (low fat or fat free can be used)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) or 1 can (28 oz.) Allens Cut Italian Green Beans, drained
- 1 1/3 cups french fried onions, divided
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, mix together soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, Italian green beans, and 2/3 cup onions. Bake for 25 minutes, or until heated through. Stir, then sprinkle remaining onions on top.
Bake 5 to 10 minutes, until onions are golden.
Go Beyond Butter for Better Beans
Create an easy yet memorable dish with these simple tips:
- Season with olive oil instead of butter for an authentic Italian twist.
- Add taste and texture by tossing one 14.5-oz. can with 1 to 2 tablespoons of shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese; toasted almonds, pecans, or sesame seeds; bacon bits; or any of your other favorite ingredients.
- Spice things up with a sprinkling of fresh or dried seasonings like basil, marjoram, nutmeg, tarragon or thyme.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings