Cranberry Quick Bread
Contributed by: News Canada
- 250 ml (1 cup) coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) Five Roses All Purpose Never Bleached Flour (or White, or with Wheat
- 250 ml (1 cup) Five Roses Canada's Best Whole Wheat Flour
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) baking powder
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp.) salt
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp.) baking soda
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) corn oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 175 ml (3/4 cup) orange juice
- 20 ml (4 tsp.) grated orange rind
Heat oven to 180°C (350°F).
In a small bowl, combine the cranberries and 10 ml (2 tsp.) flour, stirring until cranberries are
well coated; set aside. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients then make a well in the
center of the mixture.
In another bowl, combine the oil, eggs, orange juice and grated orange rind. Pour the oil
mixture into the dry ingredient mixture and stir until just dampened. Add the floured cranberries,
stirring as little as possible. Pour into a lightly oiled 23 x 13 cm (9 x 5 inches) loaf pan.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out from the pan.
Tip from the Five Roses Kitchens:
For an even moister and more fragrant bread, pour a mixture of 45 ml (3 tbsp.) hot orange
juice and 30 ml (2 tbsp.) granulated sugar on the bread as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Serving Size: Makes 1 loaf.