Strawberry Chicken Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Contributed by: NAPSA
Serving Up Nutritious-And Tasty-Salads To Your Family
(NAPSA) - If you've been tossing around ways to freshen up your family dinners, try chicken salad. They're an easy and delicious way to add variety-and nutrition.
Sweeten The Deal
Strawberry Chicken Salad with Buttermilk Dressing is a sweet way to include more vegetables in your family's diet.
Try this recipe:
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed, divided
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 (10-ounce) can HORMEL(r) Chunk Breast of Chicken, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup HORMEL(r) Premium Real Crumbled Bacon
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings
In blender container, combine 2 cups strawberries, 2 ounces cream cheese, and buttermilk; process until smooth. In large salad bowl, combine chicken, bacon, onion, and remaining strawberries and cream cheese.
Serve with strawberry buttermilk dressing.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 245; Fat: 13g; Protein: 20g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 13g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Fiber: 3g; Sodium: 783mg.