Crustless Country Quiche
Contributed by: NAPSA
Best Of The Brunch
(NAPSA) - These days, entertaining may seem challenging, with one friend or another following a specific meal plan-but it doesn't have to be. The good news is that a simple serve-yourself brunch party may be the easiest way to entertain friends and there's bound to be something that not only fits a carb-conscious lifestyle but also those not on an eating plan.
One tip is to look for newer versions of great tasting foods. These brunch basics can help take the stress out of hosting and let you relax and enjoy the time with your guests.
- Set your table with style. Garnish serving platters with decorative lettuce leaves and tuck vibrant flower blooms around the table. Add votive candles to cast a soft glow and serve mini-bottles of water and juices in an ice-filled bowl.
- Arrange all courses buffet-style. This lets guests choose the foods and portions that best fit their lifestyle.
- For a stylish starter, fill a few small decorative drinking glasses with individually wrapped, one-ounce portions of Kraft(r) Natural Cheese Sticks. Available in mild cheddar and extra sharp white cheddar, these individually wrapped one-ounce portions of natural cheese can be a tasteful addition to any brunch table.
- Serve food that contrasts flavor and color as a way of incorporating flavor and variety to the table.
- You can offer Post(r) CarbWell(tm) cereal bars in three great-tasting varieties. As part of a balanced meal that includes milk, these can be a fun alternative to cereal in a bowl. Made with real cranberries, raisins, cinnamon, almonds and creamy peanut butter, each bar is an excellent source of protein because it provides 20 percent of the recommended daily intake.
Offer at least one hot dish, such as this Crustless Country Quiche.
- 2 cups cholesterol-free egg product
- 2 frozen BOCA Meatless Smoked Sausages, cut into 1/2 inch-thick slices
- 6 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
PREHEAT oven to 350¡ F. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
MIX all ingredients until well blended; pour into prepared pie plate.
BAKE 40 to 45 minutes or until center is puffy and golden brown.
Prep Time: 10 min - Total Time: 55 min
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 160 calories, 7g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 19g protein, 10%DV vitamin A, 2%DV vitamin C, 15%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.