Cranberry Mustard Chicken and Rice
Contributed by: NAPSA
- 4 Tyson® Fresh Split Chicken Breasts or Tyson® IFF® Chicken Half
- 2 Tyson® Fresh or Tyson® IFF® Chicken Drumsticks
- 2 Tyson® Fresh or Tyson® IFF® Chicken Thighs
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in unsweetened pineapple juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup western French dressing
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 11/2 cups rice (not instant)
Preheat oven to 400 F.
Wash hands. If using IFF® chicken, remove protective ice glaze from frozen
chicken by holding under lukewarm running water for 1 to 2 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
Place chicken breasts, drumsticks and thighs in 13x9x9-inch baking dish.
Wash hands. Combine cranberry sauce, pineapple, dressing and mustard in medium
bowl; mix well. Pour over chicken.
Bake for 60 to 80 minutes (40 to 50 minutes using fresh chicken). Insert instant-read
meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 170 F for breast meat and
180 F for drumsticks and thighs.
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Serve chicken with rice, bakery rolls and tossed salad, if desired.
Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Any combination of chicken pieces for 6 servings can be used.