Sloppy Joe Pizza
Contributed by: NAPSA
Simple Shortcuts For Fun Family Meals
(NAPSA) - Putting a fun, wholesome family meal on the table in 30 minutes or less may be easier than many people realize.
As a working woman and mother of "America's favorite sextuplets," Becki Dilley has more than a few tricks up her sleeve to help simplify life.
"In our house, someone is always on the go," said Dilley. "Between after school activities and Keith's and my work schedules, it's not always easy to get everyone in the same room. Dinnertime is the one time I can count on all of us being together, so I look for great-tasting, easy meals that let us enjoy more time at the table and less time at the stove."
To help in this quest, Dilley has discovered a few shortcuts at the grocery store.
Seasoning mixes, such as McCormick(r) Sloppy Joes, offer the flavor her family loves with the simplicity she craves. And, since one packet and a little creativity makes a variety of meals, Dilley knows she's sure to please the entire crowd.
"My family loves Sloppy Joes, so I found some easy ways to change up the taste and keep them coming back for more," said Dilley. "Each of these simple variations on the hearty classic is as fun to prepare as it is to eat."
Here are a few of Dilley's suggestions for sensational school night Sloppy Joes:
- Barbecue Joes - Give traditional Sloppy Joes a smoky-sweet barbecue flavor. Prepare according to seasoning packet directions, using ground chicken or beef, and add 1/4 cup barbecue sauce before simmering. Serve on hamburger rolls.
- Sloppy Joe Pita Sandwiches - These delicious, unexpected twists on Sloppy Joes are a cinch to make. Brown 1 pound ground beef and drain. Stir in Sloppy Joes Seasoning, one can (16 oz.) pork and beans, 1/2 cup water, and 1/4 cup ketchup; simmer five minutes. Serve in warm pita pockets with mustard, ketchup and relish.
- Sloppy Joe Pizza - This great recipe joins two family favorites-Sloppy Joes and pizza-into one great-tasting easy meal. Kids will love to customize by topping with their favorite cheeses and other ingredients.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package McCormick(r) Sloppy Joes Seasoning
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (12-inch) Italian bread shell or prepared pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
Brown ground beef in a large skillet. Drain fat. Stir in seasoning mix, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in corn.
Preheat oven to 425¡ F. Place bread shell or pizza crust on baking sheet. Spoon beef mixture over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Cut into wedges.
What shortcuts make your weeknight meals easier?