Raisin-Apple Tortilla Roll-Ups
Contributed by: NAPSA
Raisins Add Sweet Nutrition To Snacks
by Elizabeth Pivonka, Ph.D., R.D.,
Produce for Better Health
(NAPSA) - When the kids come home from school, the first thing you hear is, "What's to eat?" You want to offer a snack that's quick and easy; one you and the kids will enjoy and one that's on the A-list for good nutrition. Natural California Raisins, those plump little morsels of whole fruit goodness, fit the bill. They're always available, great right out of the container and a wonderful sweet addition to a wide variety of recipes. Raisin-Apple Tortilla Roll-Ups are easy for kids to make and use ingredients you are likely to have on hand.
The taste, convenience and versatility of natural California raisins make them a must for every shopper's snack list. Raisins also have a healthful combination of nutrients like iron and potassium, along with fiber and antioxidants, making them a real winner for healthy snacking. Eating 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day is good advice for people of all ages. With raisins it's easy, since just one-fourth cup equals one full serving of fruit. Just ...
- R - reach for raisins as an afternoon energy boost,
- A - add raisins to yogurt for a morning break,
- I - include homemade oatmeal raisin cookies for lunch,
- S - stir raisins into tuna and chicken salad,
- I - increase your fruit servings with a handful of raisins, and
- N - never leave home without a handy box of raisins.
- 4 6-inch flour or whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup Sun-Maid Natural Raisins
- 1 cup finely chopped or coarsely grated apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar (1 teaspoon sugar with a pinch of cinnamon)
Combine cream cheese and honey in small bowl. Stir in raisins and apples.
Divide raisin-apple mixture between 4 tortillas. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Roll and place seam side down on microwave-safe plate.
Heat each roll on half power for 1 minute or until warmed through.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder to cream cheese mixture and omit the cinnamon sugar.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: calories: 195, total fat: 4.5g, saturated fat: 0.9g, % calories from fat: 20%, % calories from saturated fat: 4%, protein: 4g, carbohydrates: 37g, cholesterol: 4mg, dietary fiber: 2g, sodium: 249mg.