Confetti Philly Steak Wraps
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 2 pounds steak, cut on the diagonal into thin strips
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large red pepper, washed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, washed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large green pepper, washed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- 6 pitas
Trim the steak of any fat, and slice thinly into strips. In a glass bowl, combine the soy sauce, 1
tablespoon of the oil, garlic, white wine and 1 teaspoon of the sugar. Add the beef, and stir to coat
the meat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to eight hours.
In a 10- or 12-inch skillet, heat the oil over high heat, then add the peppers, onion and
Cook over high heat, tossing the vegetables, adding the salt, pepper and the remaining sugar, stirring
constantly. Continue to cook for about five minutes, or until the vegetables are crisp but tender.
Season the mixture with oregano, then set aside.
Drain the steak from the marinade. Heat a wok on high, then add the steak, stir-frying until it
loses its pink color. Remove from the heat. Cut the pitas in half, and open each pocket. Place some
of the steak into each pocket, cover with some of the Monterey Jack cheese if used, and then top
with the pepper and mushroom mixture. Serve two halves per person.
Serving Size: Serves 6.