Island Turkey Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
- 300 g (10 oz) fresh Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 225 g can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 fresh mango, peeled, cut into 1 1/2 cm (1/2 inch) cubes
- 250 ml (1 cup) seedless red grapes
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) cooked Butterball Turkey
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) honey mustard
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) honey roasted almonds, sliced
Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).
Place coconut in shallow baking pan and toast in oven 6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once.
Place lettuce on a large serving platter. Decoratively arrange pineapple, mango and grapes. Sprinkle turkey over lettuce mixture.
Whisk together honey mustard and reserved pineapple juice. Drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with almonds and toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
When entertaining, try hollowing out halved pineapples and filling with the salad.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings