Dianas 1-2-3 Sirloin Burger
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup (50mL) Diana's Marinade, NEW Red Wine & Cracked Pepper flavour
- 2 tbsp (30mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp (5mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) ground sirloin
- 1 tbsp (15mL) melted butter
- 1/2 cup (125mL) Diana Sauce Original flavour, divided
- 6 slices havarti or mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 6 toasted hamburger buns
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Whisk the egg with the marinade, breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and pepper. Crumble in the sirloin; drizzle with butter and gently blend into the egg mixture.
Divide the beef mixture into 6 equal sized portions; form into patties. Brush all over with half of the sauce. Set on the preheated grill and cook, covered, for 6 minutes.
Flip and reduce the heat to medium. Grill, turning and brushing with sauce once more, for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 180 F (90 C). Top with cheese, if using. Serve on buns with traditional garnishes.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Burgers