Pork Shoulder Blade Jerk Roast
Contributed by: News Canada
- 2 tbsp onion powder 25 mL
- 1 tbsp each: ginger powder, red pepper flakes 15 mL
- 2 tsp each: dried thyme leaves, 10 mL
- salt and brown sugar
- 1 tsp each: allspice, black pepper 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp each: cinnamon, nutmeg 2 mL
- 1 pork shoulder blade roast 3 - 5 lb (1.5-2.2 kg) 1
Combine all ingredients except pork. Put spice mixture and pork into a plastic bag and shake well to coat exterior of roast evenly. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Place the pork on the off side of grill, and, following the directions below, cook pork until an internal temperature of 170 F (77 C) is reached, about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Let pork rest for 15 minutes before carving.
Preheat the grill to high. Reduce one side to medium-high and turn the other side off. Place the roast on the off side. Adjust gas flow so that the temperature stays around 350 F (180 C). Any leftover roast can be used to make grilled quesadillas.
Serving Size: Makes 8 - 10 Servings