Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Contributed by: NAPSA
Ultimate Summer Fun
(NAPSA) - Remember what it was like to have the perfect summer day as a kid? It probably wasn't anything more than playing games in the backyard with friends or running through the sprinkler, but it was wonderful.
Creating ultimate summer fun experiences for kids doesn't have to be time consuming or expensive. Following are a few of our favorite finds.
- Let kids express their imagination while making their own personalized beach towel. Outline a favorite picture on an old bath towel and color with fabric paint.
- Water balloon volleyball will keep the kids cool and full of laughter as they try to keep a filled water balloon from breaking as they toss it back and forth over a net.
- What's better than playing outside with bubbles? Giant bubbles! Kids can make their own soapy bubble solution and their own, customized, giant bubble wand.
- Organize a neighborhood bike wash. Scrubbing a lineup of bikes, trikes and wagons with big buckets of soapy water will keep kids cool and occupied throughout the day.
For the ultimate summer treat, kids will love to help make this fun recipe for Ultimate Ice Cream Sandwiches. With multiple variations, this recipe is even more fun to eat!
- 1 pkg. (18 oz.) NESTLE(r) TOLL HOUSE(r) ULTIMATES(tm) Refrigerated Cookie Bar Dough (Chocolate Chip Lovers, Chocolate Chips & Chunks with Pecans, White Chip Macadamia Nut or Peanut Butter Cups, Chips & Chocolate Chunks)
- 3 cups vanilla or chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- NESTLE(r) TOLL HOUSE(r) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels (optional)
PREPARE cookies according to package directions. Cool completely.
PLACE 1/2 cup ice cream on flat side of 1 cookie; top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich. Roll sides of sandwiches in morsels. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for at least 1 hour before serving.
No matter what the activity, remember that kids (and adults) should wear loose clothing, put on sunblock and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated during hot days.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Sandwiches