Maple Grilled Peach And Spinach Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1/4 cup (50mL) Diana Sauce, NEW Maple flavour
- 2 tbsp (30mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- 2 firm peaches, peeled, pitted and halved
- 4 cups (1L) baby spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup (125mL) each thinly sliced red onion and halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (50mL) crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Stir the sauce with the vinegar. Toss half the sauce with the peaches. Whisk the remaining half of the mixture with the olive oil. Reserve.
Place the peach halves, cut side down, on the preheated grill. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until well-marked but still firm. Remove from the grill and slice into wedges.
Toss the spinach, red onion and tomatoes with the dressing mixture. Top with the peaches. Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese (if using).
If using canned peaches, drain well and pat dry with paper towel. Cook for only 2 minutes per side
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings