Spicy Sweet Potato Spears
Contributed by: News Canada
- 1/3 cup (75mL) Diana Sauce, Spicy or Original flavour, divided
- 1 tsp (5mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) salt
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup (50mL) light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) lime zest
Preheat the grill to medium. Measure out the barbecue sauce and remove 1 tbsp. (15mL) and reserve. Combine the remaining sauce with the flour, chili powder and salt. Toss with the sweet potatoes.
Lay the sweet potato wedges, two deep, in a row on a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Fold over the foil and seal tightly.
Cover the grill and cook the packet, turning often, for 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and well browned. Stir the reserved sauce with the mayonnaise and the lime zest. Serve with the potato wedges. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Using non-stick foil will help to keep the sweet potatoes from sticking.