Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This colourful sensation will be a favourite of family or guests. Tote it on a picnic or pack in containers for brownbag lunches.
- 1/2 lb penne noodles 250 g
- 1 1/2 cups sliced Bick's Baby Dill Pickles 375 mL
- 1 red pepper, cut in julienne strips 1
- 1 green pepper, cut in julienne strips 1
- 1 1/2 cups salami, cut in julienne strips 375 mL
- 1 large tomato, coarsely chopped 1
- 1 1/4 cups coarsely shredded zucchini 300 mL
- 1 cup diced cheddar or mozzarella cheese 250 mL
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped parsley 125 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion 125 mL
- 1/3 cup olive oil 75 mL
- 1/4 cup Dill Pickle juice 50 mL
- 1 large clove of garlic 1
- 1 tbsp dried basil leaves 15 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves 1 mL
Cook noodles until al dente; rinse and drain well. Transfer to large salad bowl and mix with remaining salad ingredients; toss lightly.
Combine all ingredients for vinaigrette. Mix well. Pour over salad and toss. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
Cover and chill up to 24 hours until serving.
More recipes for summertime eating are available at 1-800-268-3232.
Serving Size: Makes 8 - 10 Servings