Coconut Chicken Chowder
Contributed by: NAPSA
Quick And Easy Chow-Down Chowder (NAPSA) - There's nothing better than a thick, warming chowder to satisfy and comfort you. Coconut
Chicken Chowder has a rich spicy sweetness, with coconut milk, peanut butter, aromatic
vegetables and Tabasco¨ brand Pepper Sauce beautifully complementing the chunks of
chicken. The flavor is superb; the cooking time less than 30 minutes. Add crusty bread and a crisp
salad and you have a great soul-filling meal!
Keep a few chowder ingredients on hand in the kitchen. You'll soon find that because of
its wonderfully satisfying simmered-in taste, this chunky, thick soup makes a splendid meal for
workday evenings, weekend lunches or Sunday night suppers.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large celery stalk, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco¨ brand Pepper Sauce
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
Heat 1 tablespoon oil until hot in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook
until lightly browned on all sides, 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently. With slotted spoon, remove
chicken to plate.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add celery and red pepper; cook 5
Add green onion and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
Return chicken to saucepan. Add coconut milk, water, peanut butter, Tabasco® Sauce
Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings.