Dilly Crunch Cheese Ball
Contributed by: News Canada
Summertime Eating: Picnic recipes that pack a crunch!
(NC) - Hosting a picnic is a wonderful way to entertain and offers many advantages to the hosts.
With a little creativity, almost any meal or celebration can be turned into a picnic. Regardless of the occasion, a picnic always makes the day more fun and memorable - and you don't have to spend time cleaning the house for your guests!
An easy make-ahead appetizer to take to a picnic or backyard party - your own included!
- 1 pkg (8oz/250g) cream cheese, softened 1
- 1 1/2 cups grated old 375 mL cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Bick's 125 mL Dill Pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped 50 mL green onion
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise 25 mL
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 5 mL
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts 125 mL
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley 25 mL
Combine first 5 ingredients, beating until smooth. Cover and chill until firm, or overnight.
Shape into a ball and roll in a mixture of nuts and parsley. SERVE with assorted crackers.
More recipes for summertime eating are available at 1-800-268-3232.