Contributed by: News Canada
Summertime - and the grilling is easy
(NC) - Hamburgers are the quintessential summer-time meal, and everyone has their own special version of the Super Burger.
Whether you're having a backyard barbecue, a cookout in a park or grilling a quick dinner on the stove, the pickle experts at Bick's have some terrific tips to turn your burger into a masterpiece.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or other meat 750 g
- 3/4 cup Robin Hood or Old Mill Oats 175 mL
- 1/2 cup Bick's Hamburger Relish 125 mL
- 1/2 cup chopped onion 125 mL
- 1 egg 1
- 1 tbsp Woodman's Horseradish 15 mL
- 1 1/4 tsp salt 6 mL
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
Combine all ingredients. Mix well. Shape into 6 or 8 patties. Barbecue to desired doneness. Serve on toasted buns, topped with a variety of condiments: lettuce, Bick's Relishes, tomato slices, cheese, Bick's Yum Yum Dills and Hot Pepper Rings.
More recipes for summertime eating are available at 1-800-268-3232.
Preparation: 5 minutes, Cooking: 5 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 6-8 Burgers