Western Scramble on Melba
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Eggs are a great source of protein any time of day especially when served on delicious, crunchy Melba toasts.
- 1 carton (250 mL) liquid eggs, well shaken or 5 whole large eggs
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each finely chopped red pepper, green onions and cooked ham
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded light cheddar cheese (optional)
- 8 Grissol® 12 Grain Melba Toasts
Heat the oil in a medium, nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the red pepper, green onions and ham. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until the ham and vegetables are browned. Remove the skillet from the heat and reduce the temperature to medium.
Whisk the liquid eggs with the hot sauce, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and return to the heat. Cook, without stirring for 1 minute. Cook, stirring gently for about 2 minutes until eggs are almost cooked through. Sprinkle with the cheese, if using. Spoon the scramble over the toasts and serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings