Greek Salad with Grilled Greek Pita
Contributed by: News Canada
Take your meals on a Greek odyssey
(NC) - Longing for a taste the Greek isles? Just splash PC Memories of Greece Olive Oil, Lemon & Oregano Marinade on grilled seafood, souvlaki and Greek salads. Here's a zesty summer recipe to get you started. Opa!
- 1 English cucumber, cut in bite-size pieces (peel on)
- 3 tomatoes, cut in bite-size pieces
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (398 ml) PC Super Colossal Pitted Black Olives drained and cut in half
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) PC Memories of Greece Olive Oil, Lemon and Oregano Marinade
- 1 tub (175 g) PC Goat's Milk Feta In Brine, drained and crumbled
- 6 pita breads
Preheat barbecue to medium.
In large serving bowl, toss together cucumber, tomatoes, celery, red pepper, onion, olives and 1 cup (250 ml) of Memories marinade. Sprinkle with feta.
Brush both sides of pita breads with remaining Memories marinade. Place on greased grill. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until grill-marked and heated through. Cut into wedges and serve hot with salad.
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings