Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (23 cm) frozen deep-dish pie shell
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion 125 mL
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese 375 mL
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour 15 mL
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups Nestle(r) Carnation 2% Evaporated Milk 300 mL
Place pie shell on baking sheet. Partially bake in 375F (190C) oven for 10 minutes, according to
In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain and set aside. Discard all
but 1 tbsp (15 mL) fat from pan. Add onion; cook, stirring, until softened.
In large bowl, combine bacon, onion, cheese, flour and salt; spread in partially baked pie shell.
In small bowl, beat together eggs and evaporated milk; pour over cheese mixture. Bake at same
temperature for 25 minutes or until slightly puffed and knife inserted near centre comes out clean.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: 356 Calories, 16 g Protein, 24 g Fat, 19 g Carbohydrate.