Asian Style Fruit Slaw
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - A great side dish at a summer barbecue, this tangy slaw can also be easily adapted to a main course by adding a few boneless chicken breasts,
grilled and sliced thin.
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- For the slaw:
- 1 medium head Napa cabbage (also known as Chinese cabbage), sliced thin
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
- 3 California plums or 2 California peaches or nectarines, rinsed and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped or broken
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup candied ginger, slivered fine
Assemble the dressing by placing all ingredients in a small bowl; whisk to combine. For the slaw, place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss with dressing to combine.
Serving Size: Makes 6-8 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving - PROTEIN: 5 grams; FAT: 15 grams; CARBOHYDRATE: 28 grams; FIBER: 5 grams; SODIUM: 406 milligrams; CHOLESTEROL: 0 milligrams; CALORIES: 249 calories.