Roast Beef Hash
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 lb roast beef, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3/4 lb potatoes, boiled until tender and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
In mixing bowl, stir together the roast beef, potatoes, onions, pepper, heavy cream, parsley, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the oil in 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat. Add hash mixture, and use spatula or back of a wooden spoon to pack it down firmly in skillet, on top and all around its sides to make a neat, solid cake.
Reduce heat to low and cook the hash, shaking skillet occasionally to keep hash from sticking, until its underside is crusty and well browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Unmold hash cake onto large dinner plate by inverting plate over the skillet, holding it there firmly, and turning skillet and plate over together. Raise heat and add the remaining butter and oil to skillet.
Slide flipped hash cake back into pan, reduce heat and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes more.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings