Light And Easy Seasonal Dishes That Are Full Of Flavor
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - With the change of seasons comes a change in America's palate, as people start craving lighter, fresher fare.
One way to spice up a variety of dishes, from party dips to chicken to salads, is with dried soup mix. These seasoning creations in a packet, such as Knorr Recipe Classics, give cooks versatility and creativity without any of the work.
Consider these recipes, taste tested from the Knorr Kitchens:
Spring Vegetable Quiche
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 50 minutes; Makes 6 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package Knorr Recipe Classics Spring Vegetable Soup, Dip and Recipe Mix
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust, 9" diameter
Preheat oven and baking sheet to 350 .
In large bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs slightly. Blend in milk, cheese, spinach and recipe mix. Pour into frozen pie crust.
Bake on baking sheet 50 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
Zesty Chili Dip
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Chill Time: 2 hours; Makes 3 cups
- 1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 package Knorr Recipe Classics Leek Soup, Dip and Recipe Mix
- 3-4 tsp. chili powder
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients; chill at least 2 hours.
Stir before serving. Serve with corn tortilla chips or cut-up vegetables.
For Cheese Chili Dip, stir in 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 4 oz.).
Use this dip to make Tortilla Roll-Ups. Spread Zesty Chili Dip on flour tortillas, top with cut-up cooked chicken, roll up and serve.
Onion-Crusted Chicken With French Style Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes; Makes 4 servings
- 1 package Knorr Recipe Classics French Onion Soup, Dip and Recipe Mix
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 11/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 cups torn red and/or green leaf lettuce
- 8 oz. green beans, cooked and chilled
- Vinaigrette salad dressing
Preheat oven to 425 . In pie plate, combine recipe mix with bread crumbs; set aside.
Brush chicken with mayonnaise, then dip in recipe mix mixture. On baking sheet, arrange chicken.
Bake chicken uncovered 20 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
On serving plates, evenly divide lettuce. Slice chicken, then arrange over lettuce. Evenly top with green beans. Garnish, if desired, with crumbled goat cheese and oil-cured olives. Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing.