Contributed by: News Canada
Celebrate Victoria Day The Low Fat Way!
(NC) - There is no better way to celebrate Victoria Day than barbecuing up a yummy low-fat festive storm. According to WeightWatchers.ca it's definitely easy to barbecue without all the fat and still enjoy your holiday barbecue. Try this delicious recipe:
- 6 oz lean pork tenderloin, ground
- 6 oz lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup canned black beans
- 1/4 cup onion(s), grated
- 2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 medium reduced-calorie hamburger roll(s), warmed on grill
- 1/2 cup salsa, chunky
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 4 piece lettuce
- 1 large tomato(es), sliced
- 4 slice red onion(s)
Prepare coals for grill. Rinse and drain beans; mash with a fork.
Place pork and turkey with salt in a medium bowl and mix well; shape into 4 patties.
Grill until well done, about 4 minutes per side.
Serve on toasted buns topped with salsa, avocado, lettuce, tomato and onion.