Sugar-Free Sensation Singularly Delicious
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - Here's sweet news. A new line of sugar-free chocolate candies supply the delicious combination of cool, refreshing mint cream surrounded by rich, dark chocolate-without the sugar.
Hershey's York Sugar Free Peppermint Patties contain the sugar substitute lactitol, an FDA-approved sweetener with a sugar-like taste. For the estimated 17 million people in the United States who have diabetes, Hershey's Sugar Free products are an excellent alternative to regular Hershey's chocolate. They have the same high quality and great taste-but without the sugar and about 19 percent fewer calories.
York Sugar Free can be used to make such delicious treats as:
Peppermint Pattie Pudding
- 8 (one 3.3 oz. bag) York Sugar Free Peppermint Patties
- 1 package (4-serving size) sugar free vanilla cook and serve reduced calorie pudding and pie filling
- 1 tablespoon Hershey's Dutch Processed or Hershey's Cocoa
- 2 cups low-fat 2 percent or 1 percent milk
- Frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed (optional)
- Additional York Sugar Free Peppermint Patties for garnish (optional)
Remove wrappers from peppermint patties; cut into pieces.
Stir together pudding mix and cocoa in medium saucepan. Gradually stir in milk; cook according to package directions. Stir in chopped peppermint patties; stir until melted and mixture is smooth. Divide evenly into 4 parfait glasses. Press plastic wrap directly onto pudding surface.
Refrigerate several hours or until chilled. Garnish with whipped topping and peppermint pattie.
Peppermint Pattie Steamer
- 2 1/2 to 3 York Sugar Free Peppermint Patties
- 1 cup skim or 2 percent milk
- Hershey's Cocoa for garnish (optional)
Remove wrappers from peppermint patties; break into pieces. Place candy and 2 to 3 teaspoons milk in 8-oz. mug. Microwave at HIGH (100 percent) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until candy is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred.
Slowly stir in remaining milk. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time until the desired temperature is reached. Garnish with cocoa, if desired. Serve immediately. One 8-oz. serving.