Apple-Raspberry Stuffed French Toast
Contributed by: News Canada
Treat mom to a healthy breakfast in bed
(NC) - Mother's Day is a time to celebrate our moms by cooking up breakfast in bed for mom or planning a family brunch. Try making this Canadian inspired French toast - one of many WeightWatchers.ca recipes - that is sure to make this the sweetest Mother's Day ever.
- 1 cup canned fruit pie filling, apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweetened frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 8 slice raisin bread, or cinnamon raisin bread
- 1/4 cup regular egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract, or maple extract
- 1 Tbsp margarine
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp reduced-calorie pancake syrup
Combine apple filling and raspberries. Arrange 4 slices of bread on a flat surface. Top each with about 1/3 cup fruit filling. Cover with remaining bread slices.
Combine egg substitute, milk and extract in a bowl.
Heat margarine in a large skillet.
Dip each sandwich into egg mixture; place in skillet. Cook on medium until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle each with 1/4 tablespoon powdered sugar and then drizzle each with 1 1/2 teaspoons syrup. Serve.