Herbed Ricotta Primavera With Pasta
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Hearty, healthy, calcium-rich and tasty for these cold winter days.
- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked rotini or fusilli pasta
- 2 tsp (10 mL) each butter and olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) each onion, red pepper, zucchini and mushrooms, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each oregano and parsley
- 475 g container Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup (125 to 180 mL) milk
Cook pasta in large heavy saucepan. Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until transparent. Add vegetables, herbs and garlic. Saute 5 minutes. Add sauteed vegetables to drained pasta in saucepan.
In skillet, mix together Ricotta and Parmesan and heat through. Blend into pasta mixture. Thin with milk as needed. Season with salt and pepper.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings