Spring Vegetable and Lamb Saute
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This fast skillet supper is delicious on hot buttered noodles.
- 1 lb lean boneless Ontario lamb (500 g) (preferably loin) thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (50 ml)
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper (1 ml)
- 2 tbsp olive oil (25 ml)
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (or 1 small onion minced) (50 ml)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (about 4 cups/1L) (250 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each dried thyme and rosemary (5 ml)
- 1/2 cup each dry white wine (125 ml) and chicken stock (or all stock)
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (25 ml)
Quarter cucumber lengthwise; slice crosswise and set aside.
Combine 2 tbsp (25 ml) of the flour with 1/4 tsp (1 ml) each salt and pepper. Dredge lamb in mixture. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until browned.
Remove and keep warm.
Add shallots and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes. Add sliced cucumber, garlic, thyme and rosemary; cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
Sprinkle in remaining flour and cook for a few seconds, stirring. Add wine stock; bring to a boil, stirring. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Reduce to low heat. Return lamb and add tomatoes to heat through. Add lemon juice.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Preparation time 15 minutes - Cooking time 15 minutes
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Protein: 28.5 grams - Fat: 13.0 grams - Carbohydrates: 14.5 grams - Calories: 289