Cauliflower and Lamb Chop Curry
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Cauliflower, lamb chops and a hint of curry -
an unusual but wonderfully fragrant and colourful main course for entertaining.
Be sure to purchase lean Ontario lamb chops and trim any visible fat.
- 8 lean Ontario loin lamb chops (about 1 3/4 lbs/875 g)
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour (15 ml)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (25 ml)
- 4 tsp curry powder (20 ml)
- 1 tbsp minced gingerroot (or 1 tsp/5 ml dried ginger) (15 ml)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can tomatoes, un-drained, chopped (28 oz/796 ml)
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 each sweet green and red peppers, cubed chopped parsley
Trim chops and pat dry. Toss with flour.
In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) oil over medium-heat. Cook one half of chops for 2 minutes per side or until brown. Transfer chops to plate. Repeat with remaining chops. Discard excess fat from skillet. Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
In skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat; cook curry powder, ginger and garlic, stirring constantly for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes and return chops to skillet; simmer, covered over medium-low heat for 45 minutes. Add cauliflower and sweet pepper; cook, covered for 10 to 15 minutes or until lamb is tender and vegetables tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle parsley on top. Serve over egg noodles.
Preparation time: 15 minutes, Cooking time: 60 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 6 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Fat: 14.4 g, Calories: 310