Campbells Chicken Broccoli Divan
Contributed by: NAPSA
Family Meals Made Easy
(NAPSA) - Sharing a delicious, home-cooked meal with family is one of the best ways to connect with loved ones after a long, hectic day. Yet, with only one-third of American households eating together during the week, traditional sit-down dinners are an increasingly rare occurrence.
Busy schedules are certainly one of the main reasons people feel they don't have time to cook meals for their families. As a result, a growing number of people are looking for quick, hassle-free meal ideas that truly fit their hectic lifestyles.
"Semi-homemade meals are the perfect answer for families on the go," says Sandra Lee, author of Semi-Homemade Cooking. "Using mostly store-bought ingredients and a few of your favorite fresh ingredients, you can take 100 percent of the credit for quick and easy homemade meals that taste like they are made from scratch."
Chicken Broccoli Divan is an easy, yet satisfying, weeknight dinner option for busy families. Create the entree in minutes by using a mixture of fresh and store-bought ingredients. Cream of Chicken soup, a popular pantry item, adds distinctive flavor and velvety texture to this family-pleasing dish.
Serve with rice simmered in chicken broth and salad from the salad bar. For dessert serve Pepperidge Farm cookies.
Here are some simple tips to help make the most of family dinners:
- Don't feel guilty if family meals are not a daily event. Instead, be flexible and choose a day during the week when most, if not all, family members are available.
- Select quick and easy recipes with family-pleasing ingredients to get a tasty dinner on the table fast. Web sites like www.campbellskitchen.com have many simple recipe ideas and great cooking tips to help save time in the kitchen.
- Be creative and choose fun locations for family meals. For example, try having an afternoon picnic in the living room during the winter months or Saturday brunch on the front lawn when it's warm.
- 4 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (103/4 oz.) Campbell's Cream of Chicken or 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. dry bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
Place broccoli and chicken in 9" pie plate or 2-qt. shallow baking dish.
Mix soup and milk and pour over. Sprinkle with cheese. Mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top.
Bake at 450 F. for 20 min. or until hot.
Prep Time: 10 min. - Cook Time: 20 min.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings