Sizzlin' Good Chicken and Pasta
Contributed by: Rose Mack
This recipe is one of my favorites to serve even company. I make it at least a couple of times a month.
- 3 Tlbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. season-all (I use Mc Cormick's)
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic (dried)
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned and cut into chunks
- 1/2 lb. ( 8oz.) pkg. spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tsp. season-all
In medium bowl, blend first four ingredients.
Add chicken, carrots, and peppers; toss to coat; cover; marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
In large heated skillet (I use a dutch oven) combine chicken and vegetable mixture; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute; add spaghetti and season-all; toss to mix.
Heat through and serve.
I usually double the season-all, oil, garlic and cayenne pepper to make more sauce because I always add extra spaghetti.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings