Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This easy, elegant dessert with its luscious warm berries is totally seductive.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Quark cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 15% cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) pound cake, cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh strawberries, sliced
Beat together Quark, cream, icing sugar and extract. Refrigerate until needed.
Just before serving: in heavy skillet over medium heat, melt together butter and sugar. Add thawed blueberries. Saute 2 minutes.
Stir in strawberries. Remove from heat. Divide pound cake into 4 glasses. Add warm berries, reserving some for garnish, if desired. Spoon in Quark mixture and serve.