Chunky Cran Apple Bran Muffins
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 3/4 cup Natural bran 175 mL
- 3/4 cup Milk 175 mL
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour 375 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder 7 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 7 mL
- 3/4 tsp Salt 4 mL
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg 1 mL
- 3/4 cup Brown sugar 175 mL
- 1/3 cup Vegetable oil 75 mL
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped peeled Ontario apples (such as Cortland, Crispin, Golden
Delicious, Idared, Jonagold, Northern Spy, Spartan) 375 mL
- 1/0 cup dried cranberries 125 mL
- 2 tsp Granulated sugar 10 mL
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon 1 mL
In large bowl, combine bran and milk; let rest 5 minutes.
In medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, soda and nutmeg. Stir brown
sugar, oil and egg into bran mixture. Stir in dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in apple and
dried cranberries. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups.
For topping, combine granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over muffins.
Bake in 400°F (200° C) oven for about 18 minutes or until tester comes out
Serving Size: Makes 8 large muffins.