Contributed by: News Canada
- 2 lbs Ontario Fresh Premium Lamb, stew meat 1 kg
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30 ml
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced 6
- 2 cups fennel, diced into bite-sized pieces 500 ml
- 2 cups white onion, diced into bite-sized pieces 500 ml
- 6 cups chicken stock 1.5 L
- 2 cups fresh green and yellow beans snapped in half, 500 ml
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced 1
- 1/4 cup green olive slices 50 ml
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 50 ml
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Season the lamb with salt and pepper. In Dutch oven, warm olive oil over high heat and brown lamb pieces well on all sides. Remove lamb from pan. Reduce heat to medium. Add garlic, fennel and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes.
Add the lamb back to the pan. Add the chicken stock and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add the beans and lemon zest and juice to stew. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, add olive slices and fresh chopped parsley. Season to taste.