Double-Trouble Chocolate Truffles
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 8 ounces baking chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup roasted, stemmed, seeded and minced New Mexican green chile
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (14-ounce) can light sweetened condensed milk
- Finely chopped pine nuts
Place both chocolates in a double boiler and melt them over the hot water, stirring until smooth. Add
the sugar, green chile, cinnamon and milk, mixing until very smooth. Remove the mixture from the heat
and let it cool slightly.
Shape the chocolate mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll in the pine nuts. Chill the candy in the
refrigerator in an airtight tin.
Note: Fresh New Mexican green chile is the heat source in this tremendous treat. With the combination of
baking chocolate and white chocolate, it's exceptionally wonderful to eat. Try substituting 2 teaspoons of
cayenne powder to heat the truffles up even more.
Serving Size: Yield: About 4 dozen.