Apple Blueberry Muffins
Contributed by: NAPSA
(NAPSA) - These delicious muffins are easy to make, taste great for a bountiful breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Mott's Apple Juice
- 1/2 cup Mott's Natural Apple Sauce
- 1/3 cup Grandma's Molasses
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 whole egg or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup blueberries dusted with 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 400¡F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or spray with cooking
In a small bowl, add skim milk to bran. Let soak for 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, blend oil, apple juice, apple sauce, molasses, sugar and bran mixture. Mix
well. Add egg and egg white. Mix well. Fold in dusted blueberries.
Add apple sauce mixture to flour mixture. Mix until moistened.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 20 minutes.