Chocolate Orange Granola Bars
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Need some nutrition on-the-go? Try packing some of these for delicious, calcium-rich snacking.
- 1/4 cup butter 50 mL
- 1/2 orange, rind and juice
- 2 cups crumbled pound cake 500 mL
- 1 1/2 cups granola 375 mL
- 1 can (300 mL) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 125 mL
- 2 sachets (38 g) Chocolate Instant Breakfast powder
In a medium saucepan, melt butter.
Stir in orange, cake, granola, milk, chocolate chips and Instant Breakfast.
Pour into lined 9-inch (2.5 L) square pan.
Bake in 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 30 minutes until golden.
Cool in pan then cut into bars.
Serving Size: Makes 16 bars.
Nutritional Information: Per bar: 269 Calories, 5 g Protein, 13 g Fat, 33 g Carbohydrate, 112 mg Calcium