Zesty Italian Capelini
Contributed by: NAPSA
Fast Ways To Add Tasty Nutrition To Your Menu
(NAPSA) - Nearly two-thirds of U.S. adults are overweight and 30 percent are obese, according to the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES). Though eating healthier is a priority for many Americans, finding ways to make nutritious, tasty dishes when juggling hectic schedules can be a real challenge. Try to make little changes at first and you will soon realize how simple it is to prepare easy, low-fat recipes that will set you on a path for healthier eating. Here are some tips:
- Dress up instant versions of healthy breakfast dishes. Give traditional favorites such as instant oatmeal a boost with a bit of cinnamon, maple syrup and Molly McButter(r) Natural Butter Flavor Sprinkles. Or try a cup of low-fat yogurt topped with fruit slices and granola.
- Draft a list of main courses you can whip up in 30 minutes or less. Are you a pasta fan? Then consider making a flavorful, low-fat rendition such as Zesty Italian Capelini.
- Look for side dishes you can steam or microwave. Fresh vegetables go a long way toward adding taste and variety to menus, and are often quick to prepare. Broccoli, asparagus and carrots are among veggies that can easily provide taste and nutrition to your menu. Using fat-free butter sprinkles instead of real butter can help you keep fat under control.
- For a sweet snack, mix up a bowl of favorite fruits. Take 15 minutes on a Saturday or Sunday to do the dicing, so you can enjoy "fruit cocktail" throughout the week.
To start adding "fabulous flavor fast" to your schedule, here's a savory pasta dish to try:
- 1 1/2 cups (360mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp (10mL) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (240mL) whole milk
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5mL) fresh basil, chopped fine
- 2 cups (480mL) tomatoes, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 Tbsp. (15mL) Molly McButter(r) Natural Butter Flavor Sprinkles
- 12 oz. (360g) angel hair pasta
- Olive oil spray
- Freshly ground pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions, do not add salt or oil to water.
Spray non-stick skillet with olive oil spray, saute mushrooms until lightly browned.
Stir in flour, gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
Add garlic and basil.
Bring to a low boil, simmer, stirring frequently until sauce thickens.
Remove from heat, add tomatoes and Molly McButter, mix well.
Drain pasta, toss with sauce, season with pepper. Serve immediately.