One-Bowl Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Jumbles
Contributed by: NAPSA
Big & Chocolatey Grab Grand Prize In Cookie Contest
(NAPSA) - The judges in the 2003 "Search For The Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie" Recipe Contest chose a big and incredibly chocolatey cookie as the "ultimate" oatmeal cookie. One-Bowl Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Jumbles earned $6,250 for Grand Prize winner Beth Royals of Richmond, Va.
Co-sponsored by Quaker Oats and Blue Bonnet, the contest featured two categories, "Easy Everyday Cookies & Bars," and "Special Occasion Cookies & Bars," and awarded $10,000 in cash prizes to 30 creative cookie bakers.
Enter the 2004 contest at: http://www.quakeroatmeal.com/Kitchen/RecipeContest/INdex.cfm. Deadline for entries is May 31, 2004.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Blue Bonnet 65% vegetable oil spread
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) devil's food cake mix
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Quaker Oats, uncooked
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup EACH white chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips
Heat oven to 350 F.
Place spread in large microwavable bowl; cover loosely with waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 30 seconds or until melted; cool slightly. Add remaining ingredients. Stir until well blended (dough will be very stiff). Drop dough by level one-fourth measuring cupfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets; flatten slightly.
Bake 13 to 17 minutes, just until set. (Do not overbake. Centers should be soft.) Let stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; using wide spatula, transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Devil's food cake mix with or without pudding may be used.
- To substitute quick (1 minute) oats, decrease oats to 1 1/2 cups.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Dozen Cookies