Just Stuff It-Olives
Contributed by: NAPSA
Just Stuff It-Olives Make Perfect Bowls For Super Stuffings
(NAPSA) - In a recent survey conducted by Harris Interactive Inc. for Lindsay Olives , more than 1,000 Americans ranked peppers (56 percent), cheese (35 percent) and garlic (23 percent) as their favorite olive stuffings. Plump, mild, pitted California black ripe olives are perfect bowls for a medley of yummy stuffings.
Now you can add a fresh twist to this old favorite by quickly mixing up simple ingredients and stuffing them into the bowl of each pitted olive. Start with a simple base of cream cheese and your favorite herbs, and then let your imagination run wild.
Lindsay Stuffed Olives
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. light or regular cream cheese (not fat free)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (5.75 oz.) cans Lindsay Colossal Black Ripe Pitted Olives, drained
In bowl of food processor, combine cream cheese, basil, salt and pepper; process until well combined. Transfer mixture to a 1-quart zip top plastic food storage bag. At this point, bag may be refrigerated up to 2 days.
To serve, cut a tiny end off food storage bag (no larger than 1/4 inch width). Place corner of bag as deep as possible inside each olive, gently squeeze bag, filling olive and letting a small amount of mixture mound out of the top of the olive. Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 24 hours before serving. Makes 12 servings (about 2 dozen stuffed olives).
Serving suggestion: Arrange stuffed olives on a bed of red leaf lettuce and garnish with basil sprigs.
Bacon and Spinach
- 3 tablespoons bottled real bacon bits, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons thawed frozen chopped spinach, well drained
Add to base cream cheese mixture and process until well combined.
Goat Cheese and Roasted Garlic
- 3/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced roasted garlic
Substitute half of the cream cheese in the base recipe with goat cheese. Add the remaining base ingredients, as well as the garlic, and process well.
Crab and Chive
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump or leg crab meat, well drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onion tops
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Substitute half of the cream cheese with the crab meat. Add the remaining base ingredients, as well as the chives and hot pepper sauce, and process well.
Preparation time: 15 minutes each